Road Trip Planners enjoy creating trips to the Valley of the Sun because they can bet on getting blue skies and sunny days for the duration of their trip. Going on a Summer Road Trip to Phoenix and Scottsdale ranks as one of the Best Destinations in the U.S.
Why? Because it gives travelers more than 325 sunny days a year! So it’s really a year-round destination. Now factor in the other attributes of russet and purple mountains as your constant backdrop, a huge assortment of hotels (including an abundance of world-class resorts, golf courses and spas), a wide choice of sports and activities to enjoy and you begin to understand why so many road trip planners head there for their summer vacations.
Here are some sample trips to the region that others have taken. Consider saving one you like, give it your own trip name and then have fun customizing it to reflect your personal taste and energy level. At the very least, you’ll pick up great ideas for your own trip.
* FAMILY TRIP TO FLAGSTAFF, PHOENIX AND SCOTTSDALE – Enjoy the railways or float above it all with Over the Rainbow Expeditions. There’s also the Doll & Toy Museum, Castles-n-Coasters amusement park, and the Westworld Xtreme Pursuit Paintball.
* 4 ARIZONA CITIES IN 7 DAYS – Scottsdale, Phoenix, Glendale, Litchfield Park. This trip includes Out of Africa Wildlife Park, the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, an exhilarating Arizona Sunset Desert Tour, hiking on Camelback Mountain.
* GIRLFRIEND’S TRIP TO PHOENIX AND SCOTTSDALE – Because there’s a smorgasbord of spas available here, Arizona is a favorite road trip destination for friends to gather. In this road trip planner you’ll find spas, pools, shopping, nightlife and even some jeep rides, and shootouts at Western Town.
* GOLFING WEEKEND IN PHOENIX – This is a great trip for couples who enjoy golf and want to infuse a little luxury in their weekend. This 3-Day weekend gets you on golf courses plus side trips to the Phoenix Zoo Lights, the Phoenix Coyotes, and the Ice Chalet.
* ROMANTIC OVERNIGHT ESCAPE TO PHOENIX – You can easily expand this trip for a honeymoon or anniversary. You’ll find romance in the air at places like Jazz in the Garden at the Desert Botanical Garden, the Arizona Science Center, and the Pueblo Grande Museum & Cultural Park. It already includes three luxurious accommodations to look over and perhaps choose for yourself.
The trip variations above offer an abundance of activities to fill your next road trip planner to the brim.